Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bill Clinton speaks at HRC Dinner in Washington


Former president Bill Clinton addressed the Human Rights Campaign dinner Saturday night in Washington DC.  Towerload has a major excerpt from his speech for HRC International here. 

This year, I was not in attendance, as other plans conflicted – musical concerts in New York.  I actually was close to where Clinton's Harlem office is Sunday.   I can get to something this big about once every other year.  The event is less expensive for Federal Club members.  
Above is a comment from Clinton on gays in the military from 2008. Remember Clinton originated the "Don't Pursue" appendix to the 1993 "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"/ 

Clinton probably picked the vegan meal, which the dinner offers. Portebello tastes good.

The Washington Post reports ("Party Diary" by Helena Andrews) that several other celebrities were present, including Eric Holder, Yeardley Smith, and Sir John and David Furnish, link here

In 2001, I met Independent Governor Jesse Ventura at the HRC Dinner in Minneapolis three weeks after 9/11.  I remember his saying “it is safe to fly”.  You're supposed to go to these things in formal attire, but I never do that;  a normal suit and tie is the "best" I will do.  

No comments: