Sunday, November 01, 2015

"Ghost Town" Halloween Party at Town DC seems to be the disco's largest ever


I got to the “Ghost Town” party at Town at about 10:40 PM, delayed by Metro schedules. Already the line extended two blocks.  But I got in within 20 minutes.  Fortunately, the weather was mild, dry, in the upper 50s, no wind. The fact that Halloween occurred on a Saturday with the time change certainly increased the crowds.

It was probably the largest event at Town Danceboutique that I have ever seen. The outdoor patio helped to add space.  When I left around 1:30 AM (before the time change) there was another line.

There were more contestants in the costume contest upstairs upstairs than ever.  I liked the idea of “angels” in competition – something that happens in my DADT screenplay, maybe prescient.

Earlier in the day, there had been a 200-person line outside a party store in the Ballston Common in Arlington.

No comments: