Monday, September 19, 2016

Trip to New York: connections to a gay short film in a bar


I did indeed visit the Big Apple this weekend to see the play "Lured" (about the way the Russian 2013 anti-gay propaganda law goads anti-gay violence) and to be interviewed by someone with a connection to the Paul Rosenfels Community and the former Ninth Street Center.

I did visit the Therapy on the upper West Side in the Theater District, still no cover and still a lively dance bar.  That was Saturday night, and everyone knew what had happened in Chelsea.

Sunday night I visited the Toolbox, on the Upper East Side, site of the short film "Seeking Jack Tripper" which had played in DC Shorts.

Yes, I was near the site of the Chelsea blast Saturday night, and made video, which I have posted on Wordpress blogs so far.  There will be more to say later.  Call it being in the wrong place at the right time. 

No comments: