Thursday, October 12, 2017

Milo talks about "masculinity" to a Catholic magazine and seems to refer to the past military draft and DADT


Milo Yiannopoulos has a recent Facebook Post (link ) and blog post (here) about his Catholicism where toward the end, he is asked, “What does masculinity mean to you?: and answers “It is a willingness to expose yourself to enemy fire, whether or not you wear a uniform.”

I answered the Facebook post with a retort that today’s generation has forgotten how the male-only military draft worked during the Vietnam era (with student deferments) and how I wove this into arguments against “don’t ask don’t tell” in my first book.

I can see how it could apply to today’s controversy over Trump’s attempted transgender ban for the military.
  
A similar consideration applies to a recent Intellectual Takeout article that I discussed yesterday on the main “BillBoushka” blog. 

No comments: